Each session will be delivered by experts working in the industry.
In-person and online sessions will cover topics such as:
We ask that you ensure you are able to attend all sessions during this period.
- The programme will run from October 2023 – February 2025.
- There will an initial 2-day in-person session at the start of October in Manchester or London.
- There will be up to 12 online sessions, each lasting 2.5 hours between October and February 2024. These will be held on days and at times which best suit the participants.
- There will a final 2-day in-person session at the end of February 2024 on the set of a production.
- Between March 2024 and February 2025, you will complete a paid placement as an Access Coordinator on a HETV drama production.
- There will also be monthly online drop-in sessions where participants can share the learning they have acquired on productions.
- Each session will be delivered by experts working in the industry.
The programme is open to deaf, disabled, autistic and/or neurodivergent people. We particularly welcome applications from people with experience of working on TV and film productions. We will also take into account experience gained in theatre, audio and visual media or other access-related roles and relevant voluntary work.
We have 12 places available.
We recognise the positive value of diversity, promote equality and challenge unfair discrimination. We aim at all times to recruit the person who is most suited and welcome applications from people of all backgrounds. This includes people of all ages, genders, sexual orientations, ethnicities, nationalities, religions and beliefs.
There will be a webinar on 9th June at 12.30pm – 13.30pm.
You can ask any questions about being an Access Coordinator, the new programme or the application process. You do not have to come to this to apply but is an opportunity to learn more. It will be BSL interpreted and have live captions.
To book a place on this webinar, please click the Eventbrite button below.
- Your name
- Where you live
- Email address
- Phone number
- The skills and experience you have which make you a good person for this role.
- Why you would like to take part in the programme
We welcome applications in English or BSL.
You can apply by either:
- Filling out our form
- Emailing your answers to the above questions
- Emailing an audio or video file with your answers to the above questions
If you would like to apply in these formats, email your application to [email protected] with ACCESS COORDINATOR as the subject.
Please email any questions you have to [email protected]. We will reply within 3 working days. Please send us your application by Friday 30th June.
Interviews will take place from Monday 17th July.
We will let everyone know whether or not their application has been successful by the end of July.
If you want to you can fill out our equal opportunities form. Your answers will not be used to decide if you get a place.
We look forward to hearing from you.